Thankfully, with the outbreak of Google’s new updates in the form of Google Panda and Penguin, the world of search engine marketing has finally acknowledged its importance. The SEO professionals have now started drifting apart from the usual trend of approaching those with ‘I can copy-paste-it-faster-than-you’ attitude to search content writers for whom genuine copy means everything but imitation.
Of the two releases, Google Panda is more concerned with bringing down the rankings of sites that it found to be of “low-quality” or those consisting of thin content. This heavily affected the websites that were more dependent on poor or promotional content rather than quality to promote their business and overall, the first release of panda in Feb 2011, affected a staggering 12 percent of Google search results. However, reports of unethical websites or those consisting of copyright content making it to the top rankings soon started making rounds.
- Enriching the site with original, authentic and quality content
- Filtering out redundant content or the one that possess low quality
- Restrict the promotional content to an acceptable ratio
- Keep following the instructions released by Google from time to time
Named on the famous flightless bird that almost dominates the southern hemisphere, Google Penguin that was released in April 2012, aimed at combating the attempts of SEO professionals that depend more on black hat SEO methods rather than using white hat SEO techniques. Yes you guessed it right; I mean keyword stuffing, content duplicity, link schemes and all the other ways that you can think of. Yet again, like Panda, Google Penguin too affected sizable chunk of search engine queries in various languages including English, Arabic, Chinese and German. Same as in the case of Panda, this algorithm too resulted in a steep sag in the website rankings of numerous users.
- Create fresh and innovative blogs
- Build microsites and landing pages that contain link to your main website
- Post how-to guides, review videos etc to promote your product.
- Use Infographics
- Write Press releases.